The British Alumni Society (BAS) was established in 1999 under the auspices of the British Council and the British Embassy in Warsaw, to provide a forum for graduates of scholarship schemes offered by those two institutions. Today BAS has over 550 members: both Poles and British nationals residing in Poland, who have studied at university level or participated in other educational schemes in the United Kingdom. The ex-officio Honorary President of BAS is the British Ambassador to Poland. BAS Device is Networking for Success.
The Society’s aims are:
- To bring together professionals with shared experience of studying in the UK.
- To promote professional, academic and scientific achievements of its members.
- To open new opportunities for professional development of the members.
- To create similar educational opportunities for the next generation of Poles.
- To promote Poland’s history and culture in the UK.
BAS is an independent, apolitical organization financed only from members’ donations and annual small grants from the British Council. There are no membership fees and no paid positions.
What we do
BAS organizes seminars, debates, discussion clubs and mentoring programmes in collaboration with the British Council, the British Embassy, the British Polish Chamber of Commerce and European Financial Congress. Our flagship project is a scholarship scheme for secondary school students who may apply for free places in UK independent boarding schools.
- To disseminate the practices and values prevalent in mature free market democracies.
- To nurture the next generation of young professionals in a free democratic society and market economy.
British Alumni Society
Stowarzyszenie Absolwentów Uniwersytetów Brytyjskich
Fundacja British Council
ul. Koszykowa 54
KONTO BANKOWE BNP Paribas PL97160014621894732080000001